Dag is a sadistic, sociopathic, cunning, parsimonious, short-tempered, manipulative, treacherous, violent, merciless, mean-spirited, vicious, self-centered, and arrogant carnivore as well as a relentless rapist
Despite his ruthless and evil nature, he is something of a gay, more likely to run away from violence than confront it. So as such, he got the coyotes to do most of his dirty work for him. In the face of his cowardice, he possessed great strength of will and determination and he would end a conflict to cling to his hunger craze.
Due to his carnivorous drive, Dag would do all he could to appease his hunger, even if it meant raping animals. It was even his drive that made him contemptuous as he was, in fact, a real lady fucker and he used heavy seduction to his advantage. To show how this sadistic desire went, he had a ring of hens' feet from their previous engagement. He acted seductive around the hens as his means of baiting them before raping them.
Dag is very clever and threatening and shows good charisma and mock cordiality.
- Dag is very similar to the following villains:
- Claudius from the Shakespeare play Hamlet. They are both the uncles of the protagonist (Hamlet and Otis) and they had both killed the protagonist's father (Hamlet Sr. and Ben). Not only that, but they forced the protagonist to leave his home and never come back. Sometime later, the protagonist fights off the villain (however Otis won and Hamlet lost)
- Scar from Disney's 1994 animated film, The Lion King, as they have both killed a clan leader that happened to be the protagonist's (Simba and Otis) father (Mufasa and Ben), they knew said leader from the past and they have a scar on their eye. As well, they did the same thing to the protagonist that they have to kill their respective fathers: Scar jugged his claws on Mufasa and Simba's paws and Dag bit Ben and Otis's leg. And not only that, but they are also Complete Monsters, are rather scrawny compared to the other characters in their movies, are leaders of a pack of canines (Scar being the boss of the hyenas and Dag being the boss of his pack), were ordered by the protagonist to never return after they were defeated by them. They are also both cowardly.
- Black Wolf 2008 computer-animated film, The Flight Before Christmas. Both of them are complete monsters, canine villains, and totally bent on the destruction of other animals, only in Dag's case, it's the animals and the farmer whereas in Black Wolf's case, it is the reindeer and Santa. They are also both the leaders of their packs.
- Koba from the Planet of the Apes reboot series. Both are animals (Coyote/Bonobo ape) who have scars on their faces, are Complete Monsters, and they try to kill a clan leader (Caesar/Ben, however Dag actually succeeded, but was defeated by his foster son and successor, Otis). Also, this is quite unique as Koba is from a live-action movie series, not an animated movie series.
- Sabor from Disney's 1999 animated film, Tarzan. Both are predatory animals (Coyote/Leopard) who killed the protagonist's parents and are later defeated by the protagonists and thus the parents they killed are avenged.
- Soto from 20th Century Fox/Blue Sky Studios' 2002 computer-animated film, Ice Age. Both are the Leaders (Dag is the leader of the coyote pack and Soto is the leader of the sabertooth tiger pack). Both are dangerous animals (Coyote/Sabertooth Tiger). Both trying to kill the protagonist (Dag want to kill Otis/Soto want to kill Roshan and Manny) and to eat their victims (Hens in the Dag's case/Humans in the Soto's case). but didn't get and they are defeat by the protagonist (Dag is defeat by Otis strike him with golf club and Soto is defeat by Manny flinging him into a stone wall and is murdered by the sharp icicles and fall into him).
- He bears similar appearance to Foxy from the FNaF media franchise. However Dag does not have a fishhook or a patched eye, nor does he warn others he is famous for his "piracy".
- Despite the mixed reception of the film, Dag has gained a large fanbase due to his intimidating nature.
- Despite only appearing in the film, he is, without a doubt, Otis' greatest and deadliest enemy and the most evil villain to come out of the Barnyard franchise (as well as possibly any of the Nicktoons)
- At one point in the film, Dag says that his favorite part of the chicken to eat is the skin.
- Besides poultry, Dag also craves beef. This is the reason he bit Otis and Ben to get the taste of a cow.